Type of project
01.10.2005 - 30.09.2007
Source of funding
Coordinator / leading department
WALTER is a pilot project funded under the II Phase of Leonardo da Vinci Programme (2000-2006).
The project is aimed at eLearning in the field of anti-flood protection and renewal of a country‘s retention ability.
Two ideas are therefore fundamental for this project: the quality of vocational training and the idea of eLearning in international virtual study areas. The importance of training by this way has been necessitated by an ever increasing complexity of environment protection and water management issues which have to be dealt with by present professionals in the field.
Characteristics of the project
The specific aims of the project include establishment of an effective information infrastructure based on modern ICT means, which ought to be „user friendly” and allowing to provide new knowledge in the field of protection against floods and other natural disasters caused by water and renewal of a country‘s retention ability.
eLearning materials will provide a theoretical basis with instructions for practical activities in the case of a concrete crisis, all this in an integrated (complex) package of measures.
The project is aimed at an adaptive form of management, since the condition (especially the stability and resilience) of ecosystems and social conditions/interests are under a constant change.
The development of the virtual form of study for transnational virtual study groups with the application of combined models of learning is the second specific aim.
The final and potential users of the project’s results are workers of water management enterprises, state administrations, local governments in the area of environment, building industry organisations concerned with the adjustment of water regime in the country, and other organisations aimed at anti-flood protection, natural disasters connected with the circulation of water and protection of environment in the cooperating countries. It is a target group on the level of decision-making and practical realisation of measures against floods and natural disasters, including the protection of environment. Moreover, students of the consortium of universities for virtual study, belong to above mentioned users.
The expected specific result of the project is created of self-contained online education system in the area of anti-flood protection and renewal of a country‘s retention ability based on:
- rework of the LMS (Learning Management System), its simplifying as a result of the use of a self-contained system based on the selection of project participants;
- creation of 6 modules system for training of the target group in the field of anti-flood protection and renewal of a country‘s retention ability;
Module 1 Hydrology and applied of water resources
Module 2 Water resources use and protection
Module 3 Integrated Water Resources management
Module 4 Habitats of water courses and their dynamics, revitalisation of water courses
Module 5 Flood prevention measures in the country and settlements, reduction of disasters
Module 6 Natural and human-made wetland ecosystems and their sustainable use
- combined models of education, such as:
- eLearning using international virtual study areas, i. e. identifying area of professional problems which will be dealt with, using a virtual study form, at an agreed upon time, or the issues directly presented in the form of lectures by scholars from the partner countries.
- establishment of transnational virtual study groups (transnational virtual study group conducted by a tutor, transnational virtual independently learning groups);
- making accessible various materiale;
- tutorship of experts in the field.
- methodology updating for the creation of textual and online learning materials, making it public;
- retraining, or training the trainers who have not yet worked with an LMS system;
- the development of a pilot course for the target group, including an initial selection of participants, registration, way of communication with the tutor, testing and evaluation of participants. The course will test the functionality of the whole online system of education;
making public the questions and answers (FAQ) created during the realisation of the course.
Scope of IBL participation
- Commenting on teaching materials and inclusion of comments from partners, resulting from the discussion.
- Control and monitoring of the development and possibilities of applying a virtual learning environment.
- Control and monitoring of the development of curricula and teaching materials for 6 modules in the field of flood protection and renewal of a country‘s retention ability.
- Introductory meeting of the pilot course students.
- External and internal evaluation of study materials.
- Online course of Module 1 Hydrology and applied of water courses.
- Online course of Module 2 Water resources use and protection.
- Online course of Module 3 Integrated Water Resources management
- Online course of Module 4 Habitats of water courses and their dynamics, revitalisation of water courses.
- Online course of Module 5 Flood prevention measures in the country and settlements, reduction of disasters.
- Online course of Module 6 Natural and human-made wetland ecosystems and their sustainable use.
- Final meeting of the pilot course participants.
- Implementation of selected training units of the online education system in the area of flood protection and renewal of a country‘s retention ability into counselling and vocational training activities of potential users of participating countries.
- Evaluation of functionality and justification of the whole online education for the field of flood protection and renewal of a country‘s retention ability with regard to a target group as well as potential stakeholders -users of project results.
- Development of the marketing strategy of the online education system in the area of flood protection and renewal of a country’s retention ability as the final result of the project.
- Work meetings with representatives of potential users.
- Participation in specialised conferences.
Department of Forest Site Science, Section of Water Management
3 Braci Leśnej Street, Sękocin Stary, 05-090 Raszyn, Poland
tel. + 48 22 7150 535
fax. + 48 22 7150 539
|Role*||No||Participant name||Short name||Country|
|CO||1.||Slovenská poľnohospodárska univerzita v Nitre||SPU||Slovakia, Nitra|
|CR||2.||Mendelova zemědělská a lesnícka univerzita||MZLU||Czech, Brno|
|CR||3.||Povodí Labe, státni podnik,||PLA||Czech, Hradec Králove|
|CR||4.||Ingenieurbübo Winkler und Partner GmbH||IWP||Germany, Stuttgart|
|CR||5.||Universität Hohenheim||UH||Germany, Stuttgart|
|CR||6.||Debreceni Egyetem||UNIDEB||Hungary, Debrecen|
|CR||7.||Vituki Consult Rt||VITUKI CONSULT RT||Hungary, Budapest|
|CR||8.||Instytut Badawczy Leśnictwa||IBL||Poland, Sękocin Stary|
|CR||9.||Szkola Glowna Gospodarstwa Wiejskiego||SGGW||Poland, Warsaw|
|CR||10.||Slovenská technická univerzita v Bratislave||STU||Slovakia, Bratislava|
|CR||11.||Slovenský vodohospodársky podnik||SVP||Slovakia, Banská Štiavnica|
- pracownia gospodarki wodnej
- water management laboratory teaching system
- kształcenie na odległość
- II etap programu leonardo da vinci
- zakład siedliskoznawstwa
- system nauczania
- ochrona przeciwpowodziowa
- katastrofy powodowane przez wodę
- distance learning
- Phase II of the leonardo da vinci program
- habitat science department
- flood protection
- disasters caused by water
- retention capacity
- zdolności retencyjne
- gospodarka wodna
- water management